IT Support / Data Analyst
Seashore Fruit & Produce Company is the leading distributer of fruit & produce, dairy, and other perishables in the region. We are seeking a well-rounded IT support/Data analyst to harness their passion for big data and analytics and to provide insights on a wide range of aspects of our business. Our ideal candidate is passionate about business processes, data mining, and assisting their peers with technology to streamline repetitive tasks. The position interacts with all departments in the company and requires learning and understanding in depth all systems in the company.
· Develop and sustain a deep understanding of our business’ day-to-day operations and challenges.
· Conduct recurring and ad hoc analysis.
· Compile and analyze data related to these challenges and recommend solutions.
· Communicate with C-Suite executives in the company.
· Develop clear visualizations to convey complicated data in a straightforward fashion.
· Help maintain and train new employees on all systems used by the company
To be successful in this position, the individual must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
· Strong analytical, critical thinking, and effective communication skills.
· High attention to detail and accuracy.
· Proficiency with MS Excel, including advanced features such as pivot tables, lookups, and filters; Macros is a plus.
· Need some experience programing in a mainstream language such as PHP, C, C++, C# and SQL; Laravel experience is a plus
· Self-directed with a strong work ethic; capable of working independently with limited supervision.
· Ability to adapt to change and work in a team-oriented environment. Willing to take on “Not my Job” tasks.
· High School Diploma or 2-Year IT degree, and or 2-3 years’ experience implementing and supporting common business technologies.